Member since: 2020
Organization: Janssen BioTherapeutics
Excellent chromatography column - a MUST for AAV purification!
Application Area: Viral purification (AAV)
"I have been using the Poros GoPure AAVX affinity chromatography column for AAV purification for about 3 years now. The columns have excellent selectivity for all serotypes I have tested on it, as well as novel capsid variants and mutants. Binding capacity appears to be even greater than Thermo claims! As usual their customer support is excellent and they truly understand their product."
(For research use only) GoPure 0.5-cmD pre-packed columns are intended for the screening of POROS affinity, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) resins or for small scale purification. These pre-packed columns are ready to connect and have the following features:
• Dimensions of 0.5 cmD x 5 cmL, with a nominal bed volume of 1 ml, providing a uniform screening platform
• Direct connection to standard chromatography systems
• Packed with POROS high performance resins that offer high dynamic binding capacity and high resolution over a wide range of flow rates
The POROS CaptureSelect AAVX 50 µm resin in this GoPure column has a novel AAVX CaptureSelect ligand, making it suited primarily for affinity capture of a broad range of adeno-associated virus (AAV) serotypes.
• Convenient—ready-to-run columns simplify and speed POROS resin evaluations
• Conserves sample—the 1 mL nominal bed volume minimizes sample requirement for screening multiple resins
• Simplified scalability—the consistency and range of the GoPure family of pre-packed columns simplifies process scale-up and process modeling
GoPure 0.5-cmD pre-packed columns have been developed to meet the needs of the process development scientist requiring a convenient and uniform POROS resin-screening platform. The 1-mL bed volume reduces sample requirements, and the recommended > 3-minute residence time (0.3 mL/min) on this 5-cm-length column equates to 400 cm/hr on a 20-cm bed height. Detailed specifications may be found in the GoPure 0.5-cmD Operating Instructions below.
Other POROS anion exchange resins, as well cation exchange resins, are also available in this column format. All POROS High Performance Chromatography resins have a unique pore structure that provides excellent mass transport for high capacity and resolution over a wide range of flow rates.
For scaleup, GoPure Pre-Packed Columns are available in a range of diameters and in multiple bed heights that equate to a column volume range of 5 ml to 6.3 liters.