Member since: 2019
Organization: University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Dept. of Med. Biology, Hungary
Great magnet bead technology, but high price.
Application Area: Genomics, transcriptomics
"Magnet beads are really strong, and the recommended 5 minutes are not necessary for the separation, the only issue is the really high price of the equipment."
Member since: 2015
Organization: Karolinska Institutet
Best in the market!
Application Area:Magnetic beads separation
"DynaMag™-2 magnet can be used for magnetic separation of all types of magnetic beads. Compared to others this magnetic rack is the most effecient. In case of damage the removable sample rack is also available as a separate item."
Member since: 2016
Organization: Washington University in St. Louis
Great instrument. Can't process the assays without this one.
Application Area:bead separation
"The magnetic stand is super easy to use. It provides reproducible results each time."
The DynaMag™-2 magnet is optimized for efficient magnetic separation of all types of Dynabeads® (range 1–4.5 µm in diameter) in small (<2 mL) sample volumes. The DynaMag™-2 magnet combines a strong magnetic attraction for efficient separations in standard microcentrifuge tubes with a flexible and smart ergonomic design.
• Optimal working volume: 10–2,000 µL
• Holds up to 16 standard 1.5–2 mL microcentrifuge tubes in numbered spaces
• Good control and visibility of your sample
• Top rack can be quickly removed from the magnet in the base, ready for resuspension, vortexing, rotation, or manual sample shaking
Flexible and ergonomic design
The magnet can be used with all types of Dynabeads® for efficient isolation of proteins and nucleic acids. The sample rack can be easily removed from the base magnet for resuspension, vortexing, rotation, or manual sample shaking. A center pin in the rack ensures equal vortexing of all tubes. The rack can also be removed and used to store tubes. The 16 numbered sample spaces make this magnet ideal for parallel handling of multiple samples. With 8 tube positions on each side of the rack you can easily scale your protocols to accommodate 96-well plate reactions.
• This magnet is not compatible with the MX4 Mixer
• The removable sample rack is also available as a separate item. Purchasing an additional sample rack minimizes the need to move tubes between racks. The rack can be placed on the bench, in the refrigerator, or in the incubator.