- A selection of technology highlights from the AACC Annual Conference and Clinical Lab Exposition
Top List: A selection of technology highlights from the AACC Annual Conference and Clinical Lab Exposition
All the best clinical technology showcases from the AACC conference in one easy-to-find place
11 Aug 2022
The 74th American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) Annual Scientific Meeting and Clinical Laboratory Exposition took place in Chicago, US, a couple of weeks ago, and hosted over 200 companies showcasing new clinical technology and products.
From COVID-19 respiratory infection testing and drugs of abuse screening, to new software and fully automated diagnostic platforms, this year’s AACC conference had some of the latest cutting-edge products and technology solutions on display. We have gathered some of the highlights from the show in this easy-to-access article.
- Advanced Instruments introduced a new addition to its clinical line of freezing point osmometers, the OsmoPRO® MAX Automated Osmometer, which offers the automation and data management capabilities modern clinical labs require to free up tech time, improve result turnaround times, reduce errors, and ensure effortless compliance, read more here.
- BD, a global medical company, showcased the BD COR™ System, its new, fully automated, high-throughput infectious disease molecular diagnostics platform, read the full press release here.
- Gilson announced a brand-new UV-VIS detector to its VERITY® line of purification systems, the VERITY® 1741 UV-VIS Detector, read about it here. This new detector was designed with the needs of semi-preparative and preparative HPLC customers in mind and is an ideal solution for purification applications in drug discovery, food supplements, natural products, and biomolecular research.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific showcased multiple innovative diagnostic technologies and research lab solutions, read the full press release here. Some product highlights included the Thermo Scientific™ DRI™ Fentanyl II Immunoassay, Thermo Fisher Scientific™ Accula™ SARS-CoV-2 Test and the Applied Biosystems™ TaqPath™ COVID-19, Flu A, Flu B Combo Kit.
- Fapon Biotech featured the Shine i1000 Fully Automated CLIA Analyzer, the smallest fully automated chemiluminescence analyzer.
- BrightInsight, a provider of regulated digital health solutions, launched a new digital platform, the Connected Diagnostics Platform. The comprehensive, end-to-end platform is a one-stop shop for in vitro diagnostics manufacturers that streamlines workflows, accelerates revenue growth, and drives innovation. Read more here.
Discover more technology and research news from the 2022 AACC meeting >>
Purchasing clinical instrumentation? Check out some of the latest product reviews here>>