The BBL™ CHROMagar™ family of products utilize a chromogen mix that consists of artificial substrates (chromogens) that release differently colored compounds upon degradation by specific microbial enzymes, thus assuring the direct differentiation of certain species or the detection of certain groups of organisms with only a minimum of confirmatory tests.
BD BBL™ CHROMagar™ Orientation
A nonselective, differential medium for presumptively identifying bacterial isolates from primary clinical specimens. Specially selected peptones supply the nutrients in BBL CHROMagar Orientation medium.
• Direct identification of E. coli and Enterococci, and presumptive identification of Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Proteus mirabilis, and other UTI organisms.
• Enhances visual differentiation of colonies, resulting in less time spent sub-culturing mixed infections.
• Allows for earlier setup of susceptibility testing.
• Improves detection of mixed urine cultures for quicker assessment of contaminated samples,
decreasing work-up time.
• Immediately resolves approximately 80% of positive urines.
• Inhibits the swarming of Proteus spp. with a unique BBL formulation.
• The BD Kiestra™ Urine Culture Application detects growth and interprets samples grown on BD BBL™ CHROMagar™ Orientation to allow for an auto batch release.
Note: Not all products are available in all geographies, please contact your local BD representative for product details, specs, or ordering information.