The next-generation Thermo Scientific Phenom XL G2 Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) automates your quality control process, providing accurate, reproducible results while freeing up time for value-added work.
Meet quality standards with an intuitive, automated solution that eliminates manual, repetitive tasks:
- Obtain the quality information you need to discover failures early and rapidly adjust your production process when needed.
- Automate quality control to process a high volume of samples with fewer chances of human error.
- Get up to speed quickly with an all-new, easy-to-learn interface ideal for a wide range of applications.
The Phenom XL G2 Desktop SEM features full-screen images and an average time-to image of 60 seconds. The unique CeB6 electron source offers a long lifetime with less maintenance. The small form factor requires little lab space, allowing you to place the microscope exactly where you need it.
- Automation: The Phenom XL G2 Desktop SEM is standardly accessible via the Phenom Programming Interface (PPI), a powerful method for controlling the Phenom XL G2 Desktop SEM via Python scripting. If the user has a SEM workflow with repetitive work to analyze particles, pores, fibers or large SEM images, the instrument can do so automatically.
- Long-lifetime CeB₆ source: The long-lifetime CeB₆ (cerium hexaboride) source has several advantages. First is the high brightness it provides compared to tungsten, making it much easier for many users to obtain high quality images with many details. Secondly, the lifetime of the source is very long and maintenance can be scheduled.
- Eucentric sample holder: In many SEM applications, a user can gain more insight into sample properties if the sample can be tilted and rotated. The optional eucentric sample holder enables eucentric tilt and rotation, making research and analysis faster and more accurate.
- Element identification (EID): The Phenom XL G2 Desktop SEM can be equipped with an optional energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) detector to obtain more material insights with element identification via X-ray analysis.
- Step-by-step data collection: The dedicated software package elemental identification software package (EID) is used to control the fully integrated EDS detector. The intuitive step-by-step process within the EID software helps the user to collect all X-ray results in an organized and structured way.