- Shimadzu's new UV-i selection of UV-VIS spectrophotometers promises enhanced productivity and data analysis
Product News: Shimadzu's new UV-i selection of UV-VIS spectrophotometers promises enhanced productivity and data analysis
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) has introduced the new UV-i group of UV-Vis spectrophotometers designed to provide improved quality control productivity, data analysis and management, and operating efficiency. The new series consists of six models: UV-1900i, UV-2600i, UV-2700i, UV-3600i Plus, SolidSpec-3700i, and SolidSpec-3700i DUV.
All six of the spectrophotometers in the series include an automatic pass/fail determination for improved efficiency. The systems are equipped standard with a spectral evaluation function in the software that automatically determines whether data satisfies specified criteria. This function helps to improve the efficiency of quality control operations by eliminating the manual data analysis steps required after spectra are acquired.
The UV-i spectrophotometers also include automatic measurement for improved operating efficiency. By connecting an autosampler unit, the systems can analyze up to 360 samples automatically. Used in combination with the spectral evaluation function, the entire process, including pass/fail determination, can be fully automated.
In addition, these new spectrophotometers improve data analysis and data management. Operators can send data to an Excel spreadsheet in real time or simultaneously save information as a text file. This function reduces time spent sending data to separate software for data analysis. Shimadzu’s LabSolutions software includes advanced security functionality for solutions
compliant with electronic records and electronic signature (ER/ES) regulations.
- The UV-1900i double-beam spectrophotometer enhances usability, performance and data compliance for all types of work—from routine analysis to research. The device provides high resolution, low stray light, an ultra-fast scan function, and an easy-to-use interface. The spectrophotometer can be operated standalone (without PC) using the touch panel or with a PC with the included LabSolutions UV-Vis software.
- UV-2600i and UV-2700i double-beam spectrophotometers are research-grade instruments. The high-absorbance measurement capability and sub-nanometer bandwidths make them ideal for analysis of band gap, optical coatings and thin films, biological samples like DNA and proteins, and any routine work. They are equipped with Shimadzu’s propriety Lo-Ray-Ligh® diffraction gratings for low stray light levels to obtain high-accuracy measurements of samples.
- The UV-3600i Plus UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer incorporates the latest technology in optical components to achieve high sensitivity, high resolution, and an ultra-low stray light level. With measurement capability in the UV, visible, and up to 3,300 nm in the near-IR, the device enables characterizing all types of samples including solids, powders, wafers, films and liquids.
- The SolidSpec-3700i and SolidSpec-3700i DUV (Deep-UV) spectrophotometers can measure from deep-UV to visible and up to 3,300 nm in the near-IR, ideal for optical, semiconductor and flat panel display market needs. Other applications include haze analysis, band gap analysis, photovoltaics, coatings and optical component characterization.
Do you use Shimadzu products in your lab? Write a review today for your chance to win a $400 Amazon gift card>>