Best Practice for the Use of Urine hCG Pregnancy Tests
13 Jun 2023
Point-of-care testing (POCT) is growing in popularity as a means of improving test result turnaround times for patients. This webinar will review the latest recommendations and clinical scenarios in which rapid diagnosis of pregnancy is needed. Plus, the benefits and limitations of POCT will be explored.
- When should POCT hCG testing be considered in place of laboratory hCG?
- What are the benefits of quantitative hCG testing compared with qualitative hCG POCT?
- Are qualitative POC hCG devices susceptible to the hook effect?
Key learning objectives
- Describe the best practices for the use of POCT hCG pregnancy tests
- Explain the advantages and limitations of POCT hCG tests
Who should attend
Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, POC Coordinators, Clinicians, Laboratory Technicians/ Technologists, Healthcare Professionals
SelectScience is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program
Attendees of this one-hour webinar are also entitled to 1.0 ACCENT Continuing Education Credits from the AACC.