Member since: 2017
Does the job, but it will not be my 1st choice for a single quad.
Application Area: Small molecules identification - high throughput screening
"The advantage : can be integrated in chromeleon 6.8. Easy maintenance. Disadvantage: the electronics are of poor quality. Various PCBs have to be regularly replaced. If you suddenly lost signal, your main board has failed. On the 1st system, thermo explained us , it never happen before. After discussion with other MSQ users, it comes out, it was a known failure. We encountered the problem on all the of 8 MSQ run by us. If you are regarding the main board as a consumable and you are ready to invest once the year around 6000euro to replace it, the system works good."
At a mere 12 inches wide, Thermo Electron has produced the smallest single quadrupole mass spectrometer detector available for HPLC. When combined with the Finnigan Surveyor HPLC, the required bench space is forty percent less than any other system. The ultra-compact Finnigan Surveyor MSQ incorporates the latest cutting edge technology and innovative design, producing unsurpassed performance and ruggedness in an easy-to-use, highly sensitive instrument.
The ultra compact Surveyor MSQ houses the very latest in leading edge technology and design innovation:
• FastLoc™ Probes completely dispense with complex gas and high voltage connections, enabling rapid switching of ionization modes.
• M Path™ ultra sensitive rugged source design, the only instrument with triple orthogonal ion sampling for extreme ruggedness and sensitivity.
• Self-cleaning source with patented cone wash
• Square quadrupole RF lens for high efficiency ion transmission
• Patented Ion Bright™ detector for low noise and ultra high sensitivity
• USB plug and play data communications
• Dual-DSP system for rapid data acquisition.
• Automatic mass scale calibration and tuning
• Quick release assemblies for rapid servicing and maintenance
The Finnigan Surveyor MSQ provides the chromatographer with the most powerful and flexible LC/MS desktop system for uninterrupted high-throughput analysis.