SelectScience Members can achieve membership status by writing product reviews. This helps other members to better understand the Reviewer's experience and expertise.
Status: No. Reviews Published: Member 0 1-4 5-14 15+ By Invitation
Reviewers are also encouraged to publish a 'public profile' so others can benefit from a further understanding of the Reviewer's applications and expertise.
Write a review today>>
Member since: 2017
simple and effective
Application Area: RNA-binding proteins
"The key advantage of the system is its easy of use, very straightforward, a student can be easily instructed to its use. It is an excellent resource for the determination of association and dissociation rates. On the downside, the lack of temperature control makes the reproducibility of the experiments dependent on the room temperature, which can be hard to control precisely. Also the software for analysis could be improved."
The BLItz® system is the perfect starter instrument for any lab, with a price that everyone can afford.
Designed just for small experiments, its single-sample format makes assays easy to set up and run. Even if you're new to label-free assays, you'll be on your way to getting information-rich, real-time data in no time. Key applications that leverage the unique strengths of system include monitoring concentrations of target proteins during cell line development and protein purification and confirming protein activity.
- Stop waiting on results — check for the presence of proteins in media or lysate in 30 seconds
- Get way more than A280 — quantitate specific and active proteins in solution, not just total protein
- Optimize with purpose — get more insight into specific assay conditions for more robust ELISAs
- Troubleshoot immunoassays faster — check antibody binding and biotinylation to account for variation
- Watch analyte binding live — characterize protein interactions and determine rate constants at a fraction of the price of other methods