- AACC Annual Meeting 2014 Will be a Meeting of Firsts
Industry News: AACC Annual Meeting 2014 Will be a Meeting of Firsts
It is that time of year when we start our countdown to the AACC Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo. This year, the meeting is being held in Chicago from July 29-31. Each year the world’s largest clinical meeting offers attendees something new and different, and this year is definitely no exception. In fact the 2014 Annual Meeting is full of ‘firsts’.
New programming highlights:
- A President’s Invited Session, during which AACC President Dr. Steven Wong reflects on his longstanding interest in harnessing the power of genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics to tailor drug regimens and treatment protocols for better patient outcomes. He has invited two distinguished researchers, Drs. Douglas Lowy and Paul Keown, to discuss their work.
- There will also be a special Symposium sponsored by Clinical Chemistry. The Symposium will be moderated by Clinical Chemistry's Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Nader Rifai, and will cover three hot topics from Clinical Chemistry. The topics to be discussed are plasma genomic and methylomic sequencing for cancer detection; the utility of bioavailable vitamin D in health and disease; and the role of oral fluid testing in clinical and forensic settings.
Going green on presentation material:
- This year, all educational materials will be available online prior to the meeting, and Symposia, which typically didn't offer handouts at all, will do so electronically in advance of the meeting. Short Course and Brown Bag registrants also will be able to download materials prior to those sessions.
New specialized poster tours:
- 11 AACC Divisions will, for the first time, be offering specialized poster tours. These free, expert-led walk-throughs will give participants a thorough overview of abstracts in each division's respective area of interest.
New product showcase promotion:
- New Product Showcase items will be displayed on jumbo screens in rotating 12-second images and videos just outside the McCormick Place Convention Center exhibit hall. Attendees will be able to learn more about specific products using touch screens just below the jumbo screens.
These are just some of the ‘firsts’ taking place during the week of the Annual Meeting. As if this isn’t enough to look forward to, a free lunch will be provided on Wednesday and Thursday, for all conference and expo-only registrants, courtesy of Clinical Laboratory News.
To find out more and register for the meeting, click here.