Editorial Article: SelectScience announces new Virtual Clinical Chemistry Summit 2020
Key topics to include COVID-19 and infectious diseases, diabetes, sepsis, cardiovascular disease and personalized medicine as the global clinical community comes together to make the future healthier
The first tranche of top speakers has been announced for the new SelectScience® Virtual Clinical Chemistry Summit, launching on July 20, 2020.
As the coronavirus outbreak forces the postponement of key events in the science technology calendar, the Virtual Summit will offer a crucial online forum for clinical lab scientists, healthcare professionals and manufacturers to connect and share knowledge at this critical time.
The event will be promoted to 1 million+ scientists and clinical professionals globally and feature presentations by leading clinical experts, point-of-care leaders and technology providers, video interviews, virtual booths and resource hubs, as well as live Q&As and more.
Editor-in-Chief and Publisher, Kerry Parker, said: “We are hosting this Virtual Summit to support the industry and ensure communication and collaboration continues to flourish at this challenging time."
Headline topics include COVID-19 and infectious diseases, cardiovascular disease, omics, diabetes, point-of-care testing, clinical mass spectrometry, clinical microbiology, and more. We are delighted to announce our first confirmed speakers, with more being announced shortly.
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Frank Peacock, Baylor College of Medicine
- Keynote speaker: Prof. Michael Laposata, University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston
- Keynote speaker: Prof. John McClean, Vanderbilt University
- Dr. Alan Wu, San Francisco General Hospital and University of California San Francisco
- Olubunmi Martindale-Sheldon, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, Wexham Park Hospital
- Prof. Zobair M. Younossi, Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Prof. Rob Christenson, University of Maryland
- Felicity Dempsey, POCT Consultancy Services, Dublin, Ireland
- Joe Paul Gallo, Denton County Health Department
- Dr. Richard Kay, University of Cambridge
- Dr. Ankur Srivastava, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
- More eminent speakers are being announced imminently
Free early-bird registration is now open – watch this space for further updates and follow our social media channels: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
This is the latest in the series of SelectScience Virtual Summits following the successful Virtual Analytical Summit and Virtual Summit on Cancer and Immunology Research.
Catch up on the latest techniques and technologies and play your part in improving science communication by leaving a lab product review for a chance to win a $400 Amazon Gift Card.
Spread the word using #ClinicalChemistrySummit
Manufacturers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org today for further information on how to participate.