Editorial Article: Top methods and technologies advancing the field of mass spectrometry
Explore exclusive interviews, methods, and free downloads to help you optimize your mass spectrometry experiments
Our exclusive Advances in Mass Spectrometry special feature is now live! We’ve compiled a list of the latest technologies and techniques as well as free downloads to help you maximize lab productivity. Read on to learn how to achieve targeted peptide quantification with LC/MS, take a look inside a cutting-edge forensics lab, find out how LC/MS/MS is optimizing clinical testing, and discover the benefits of ion detection technology.
Biomarkers: Achieve targeted peptide quantification with LC/MS
This application note teaches you how to precisely quantify protein biomarkers in biological fluids using the 6495C triple quadrupole LC/MS system from Agilent.
Guilty or not guilty? Inside a cutting-edge forensic lab
Discover how Agilent is helping forensic experts at LAT LUMTOX analyze the evidence and take a leading role against crime with a range of equipment designed to provide full-spectrum accurate-mass data.
Diagnostics: LC-MS/MS for optimized clinical testing
Consultant clinical scientist Dr. Emma Walker reveals how collaboration with Waters helped ensure her lab's smooth transition from immunoassays to LC-MS/MS and more effective diagnostic services.
LC/MS & GC/MS: Accelerate deformulation to streamline characterization
Discover the two-step approach from ACD Labs using a newly updated spectral searching workflow to effectively expedite the simultaneous deformulation of multiple components and streamline characterization.
Ion detection: Productivity, performance and profit
Discover how ion detection technology can help you increase productivity, solve analytical challenges and maximize profit using eXtion Electron Multipliers from Adaptas with reduced run times, sample prep and cost.
Run fast: Get analysis speeds of up to 3 samples per second
Discover the Echo® MS System. An ultra-high sample throughput for Acoustic Ejection Mass Spectrometry from SCIEX, delivering speed, scale and reproducibility with unyielding data quality up to 50X faster than conventional LC-MS/MS.
eBook: How to buy LC/MS technology for life sciences
Download our free eBook to discover the key factors and application considerations when looking to buy LC-MS technology to help you find the best solutions for your lab.
- Prof. Ian Wilson, Imperial College London, and Prof. Kostas Thalassinos, University College London, highlight the benefits of ion mobility mass spectrometry for life sciences research. Watch webinar>>
- Dr. Mark Perkins, Anatune, and Dr. Vaughan Langford, Syft Technologies, discuss how selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) works, how it speeds up analysis, and how it can be validated successfully in accordance ICH Q2(R1) Guidelines. Watch webinar>>
- Prof. Zoltan Takats, Imperial College London, explores the applications and benefits of ambient ionization for biomedical research and its future potential for pharma and food industries. Watch webinar>>
- Dr. Chris Petucci, University of Pennsylvania, explains how his lab performs targeted and untargeted LC/MS metabolomics for internal and external research investigators and industry. Watch webinar>>
- SCIEX provides an overview of the key features of its Triple Quad™ 7500 LC-MS/MS System – QTRAP® Ready. Watch video>>
- Learn about novel approaches to brain research in this exclusive interview with Prof. Jonathan Sweedler, University of Illinois. Watch video>>
- Learn about the advantages of the StreamSelect LC/MS solution, designed for boosting lab productivity using innovative flow path design and software contol. Download method>>
- Achieve rapid identification of potential disease biomarkers in breath, through the use of sampling onto TD tubes, followed by automated preconcentration and GC-TOF MS. Download method>>
Top news stories in mass spectrometry
- Thermo Fisher's new LC-MS workstream offers a comprehensive solution for toxicology. Learn more>>
- Peak Scientific introduces new gas generator and bench solutions for the SCIEX 7500 LC-MS system. Learn more>>
- Cerno Bioscience releases latest version of its mass spec software. Learn more>>
Take a look at what other researchers and scientists all over the world are saying about the latest equipment and technologies in mass spectrometry. Raj Kumar, Punjab University, shared their opinion on the Thermo Scientific™ TSQ™ 9000 Triple Quadrupole GC-MS/MS System.
Find more news and resources in our dedicated Advances in Mass Spectrometry Special Feature>>