- NEW! SelectScience special feature: Biopharma peptide quantitation
Editorial Article: NEW! SelectScience special feature: Biopharma peptide quantitation
Discover a collection of methods and top technologies to detect and quantify peptides and hear from the scientists at the forefront of biopharma research
Protein biopharmaceuticals offer hope for new treatments that are more targeted and incur fewer side effects than small molecule approaches. The analysis of protein and peptides for biopharmaceutical development, however, can be challenging – with issues surrounding sensitivity and specificity. Analyzing these large molecules requires a methodology that can overcome challenges including background signal from endogenous proteins, multiple charge states and increased fragmentation, among other concerns.
In this SelectScience special feature, we look at some of the latest technologies advancing the analysis of biopharmaceuticals, specifically looking at peptide quantitation.
SEC-MALS ANALYSIS: Identification of insulin oligomeric states
Learn how combining column chromatography (SEC/GPC) with Wyatt Technology's DAWN® multi-angle static light scattering (MALS) detector enables the identification of insulin oligomeric states for effective formulation development.
APPLICATION eBOOK: Mass detection for faster biopharma analysis
This application compendium is a resource for anyone in biopharmaceutical development, manufacturing or QC wishing to streamline drug development, accelerate time-to-market, and enable greater productivity in the laboratory.
LC-MS/MS: Quantification of peptides in MS-based proteomics
Learn how Unchained Labs’ Lunatic system enables quantification of proteomic peptide samples (μg/μL) derived from complex protein mixtures with reporting of desired injection volume for an LC-MS/MS system.
CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY: Analysis of low-abundant gut hormone peptides
Dr. Richard Kay, Senior Research Associate at the Wellcome Trust MRC Institute of Metabolic Science at Cambridge University, talks about how he uses mass spectrometry to measure gut hormone peptides related to diabetes.
- A filtration system for preparation of therapeutic proteins: Recovery and adsorption of therapeutic proteins at low sample volumes - download method>>
- Infographic: Solutions for peptide and protein bioanalysis - download infographic>>
- LC-MS for peptide biomarker quantitation vs. traditional immunoassays - download method>>
- Rapid buffer exchange, protein quantification and stability screening - download method>>
Watch our catalog of on-demand webinars
- Qualitative and quantitative characterization of antibodies and proteins by CE-MS, LC-MS and an automated immunoaffinity purification (IA)-CE-MS workflow in vitro and in vivo - watch webinar>>
- Double your IDs for single-cell proteomics using micro Pillar Array Columns (µPAC™) - watch webinar>>
- Get the rundown on your protein with same-time quality & concentration measurements - watch webinar>>
- Using direct CIEF-MS and prep-CIEF for MS-characterization of protein isoforms, LC-MS analysis, peptide mapping and other techniques - watch webinar>>
- A total solution to overcome current challenges in amino acid analysis - watch webinar>>
Interviews with leading scientists
- Prof. Michal Sharon, Weizmann Institute of Science: New native mass spectrometry technique for rapid protein analysis - watch video>>
- Dr. Richard Kay, Metabolic Research Laboratories, Cambridge University: Analyzing intact peptides using LC-MS for translational research - watch video>>
- James Howard, scientist, Bioanalytical Sciences, Drug Development Services, LGC: Advances in LC-MS methods for quantitation of drugs and biomarkers in biological matrices - watch video>>
- Prof. Daniella Goldfarb, Weizmann Institute of Science: How optimized spin labels allow accurate in vivo distance measurements through EPR - watch video>>
- Prof. Jane Dyson, The Scripps Research Institute: The study of intrinsically disordered proteins and cell functionality through NMR - watch video>>
- Dr. Darren Cawkill, Apollo Therapeutics and Dr. Jon Hutchinson, GSK: The future of protein biology research in drug discovery - read article>>
In the news
Sign up to SelectScience for free to receive email alerts about news technologies and techniques for biopharma peptide quantitation.