New strategies for laboratory testing of von Willebrand factor
09 Jun 2022
In recent years, there have been advancements in von Willebrand disease (vWD) testing as well as updates in the diagnosis and management of vWD. Paradigm shifts in vWD testing in the context of new guidelines will likely lead to improvements in vWD diagnosis. In this SelectScience webinar, Dr. Edward Wong will explore these current diagnostic approaches and the advantages of new testing strategies.
Key learning objectives
- Demonstrate the current biological function of von Willebrand factor and how it affects testing strategies in the diagnosis of vWD
- Describe potential new testing strategies in the diagnosis of vWD
- Explain the new changes in the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH), the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF), and the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) 2021 guidelines on the diagnosis of vWD
Who should attend?
- Clinicians (especially Adult and Pediatric Hematologists)
- Clinical Lab Scientists
- Lab Managers and Healthcare Scientists
Certificate of attendance
All webinar participants can request a certificate of attendance, including a learning outcomes summary, for continuing education purposes.
SelectScience is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. Attendees of this one-hour webinar are also entitled to 1.0 ACCENT Continuing Education Credits from the AACC. This activity was planned in accordance with ACCENT® Standards and Policies. Verification of Participation certificates are provided to registered participants based on completion of the activity, in its entirety, and the activity evaluation. For questions regarding continuing education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.