Management of bacterial and fungal infections: Efficiency of culture-independent molecular testing
16 Nov 2020
Conventional culture methods are often limited by a long time to result or the occurrence of negative results due to the administration of antibiotics or fastidious growth requirements. As an accepted alternative, culture-independent approaches are widely used.
In this webinar, Dr. Michael Lustig, COO at Molzym GmbH & Co. KG, will share his vast experience of direct molecular testing and present a wide overview of available solutions and their applications. The diagnostic value of broad-range 16S/18S rRNA gene PCR and how the results impact the antimicrobial therapy selection will also be discussed.
- Limitations of conventional culture methods
- Advantages, disadvantages and applications of specific PCR, multiplex PCR and universal broad-range PCR assays
- Factors influencing the performance of direct molecular testing
- Requirements that favor direct testing
- Diagnostic value and clinical impact of broad-range 16S/18S rRNA gene PCR and sequencing
Who should attend?
- Laboratory directors, laboratory managers, quality managers
- Clinical, hospital, and laboratory stakeholders
- Clinicians, medical laboratory scientists and technicians
Certificate of attendance
Anyone who attends this webinar is entitled to an official SelectScience® Certificate of Attendance including a learning outcomes summary which can be downloaded from the webinar's resources tab.
Molzym GmbH & Co. KG