Everything you need in 1.2 meters
The Multifors 2 is a compact, free-standing device with up to six culture vessels on three base units. To give you more flexibility in the lab, we have organized the vessels into groups of two that you can separate, recombine or expand however you like. The integrated touchscreen controller lets you see all of your bioprocesses at a glance and control all of your culture vessels.
An integrated analog feed pump is a standard feature that makes the Multifors 2
immediately ready for fed-batch cultures. The unit includes three digital pumps for acids, bases and antifoaming agents. Up to four gases (air, N2, O2 and CO2) can be used in virtually any combination. Users can select either a mass-flow regulator or a rotameter for a precise feed.
A number of details make your bioreactor easier to use. The removable pump heads are especially practical, as these can be autoclaved right alongside the culture vessel and are immediately ready for reuse. Better still: the touchscreen controller allows you to start up bioreactors simultaneously and calibrate up to six pH or pO2 sensors at the press of a button.
Developed for scale-up
The Multifors 2 offers you fully functional bioreactors on a small scale, employing the same sensor technologies as larger bioreactors and consequently delivering directly comparable data. Optional PAT tools offer you a simple way of preparing for later production in a benchtop or pilot-plant reactor.
- Culture vessels are easy to exchange
- Powerful magnetic drive
- Magnetic coupling reduces the risk of contamination and simplifies handling
- Specialized stirring systems for microorganisms and cell cultures
- Motor underneath the vessel for excellent accessibility to available ports
- Up to 13 ports for sensors (antifoam, optical density, pH, pO2, redox, conductivity, live cell density, etc.)
- Basic setup includes four precision pumps per culture vessel (option of one more)
- Autoclavable pump heads
- Gravimetric feeding (with external scale)
- Profile-based pump-speed control with eve®
- Customer-specific gassing with up to 5 gas lines, either via a sparger or in the headspace
- Feed via rotameter or mass-flow regulator
- Cascades may be configured in serial or in parallel for controlling the pO2 via the stirrer speed, gassing rate, gas composition, etc.
- pH control with acid and CO2
- Customers may choose from digital (Modbus) or analog sensors.
- Product calibration of the pH sensor for reliable measurements during long-running bioprocesses
- If required, additional sensors and actuators can be connected.
12" Touchscreen Controller
- Touchscreen with integrated OPC server
- Reliable measurement and setting of the bioprocess parameters and communication with eve®
- Parallel management and control of up to six devices
- Up to 24 selectable parameters, such as temperature, stirring speed, pH, pO2, anti-foaming agent, feed
eve® Bioprocess Platform Software
- Planning, controlling and analysing bioprocesses
- Integrated workflows, devices and bioprocess knowledge
- Integrates bioreactors and analytical instruments, regardless of the manufacturer
- Web-based project organisation
- Communication using the latest OPC XML-DA standard
- Synchronisation of process-related events such as sampling or inoculation