You have a choice
The Labfors 5 comes in four different versions which cover a wide range of microbial applications through to bioprocesses containing solids. Each version of Labfors 5 can be configured to your needs. You can, for example, set the temperature control system, the gassing strategy or the vessel accessories to suit your requirements. This means you can carry out a whole range of batch, fed-batch and continuous cultivations.
Make six out of one
Would you like to organise your laboratory work more efficiently? Then connect your touchscreen control to up to six Labfors 5 devices. You can operate them simultaneously, and save time by, for example, calibrating all pH or pO2 sensors at the push of a button.
The Labfors 5 will make it easy for you. The easily accessible ports on the top plate are particularly practical, but that’s not all: the pump heads can also be removed. They can be autoclaved together with the vessel and will be ready for use again immediately. The compact size, with a maximum working volume of 10 L, leaves plenty of laboratory space free.
- Working volumes ranging between 0.5 and 10 L
- Can be configured according to individual needs thanks to a selection of different stirrers, spargers and specialized accessories
- Up to 14 ports for sensors (antifoam, optical density, pH, pO2, redox, conductivity, live cell density, etc.)
- No welded lid components—ideal for GMP applications
- Basic setup includes four precision pumps per culture vessel (option of one more)
- Autoclavable pump heads
- Gravimetric feeding (with external scale)
- Profile-based pump-speed control with eve®
- Customer-specific gassing with up to 5 gas lines, either via a sparger or in the headspace
- Feed via rotameter or mass-flow regulator
- Cascades may be configured in serial or in parallel for controlling the pO2 via the stirrer speed, gassing rate, gas composition, etc.
- pH control with acid and CO2
- Customers may choose from digital (Modbus) or analog sensors.
- Product calibration of the pH sensor for reliable measurements during long-running bioprocesses
- If required, additional sensors and actuators can be connected.
- 12" Touchscreen Controller
Touchscreen with integrated OPC server
- Reliable measurement and setting of the bioprocess parameters and communication with eve®
- Parallel management and control of up to six devices
- Up to 24 selectable parameters, such as temperature, stirring speed, pH, pO2, anti-foaming agent, feed
eve® Bioprocess Platform Software
- Planning, controlling and analysing bioprocesses
- Integrated workflows, devices and bioprocess knowledge
- Integrates bioreactors and analytical instruments, regardless of the manufacturer
- Web-based project organisation
- Communication using the latest OPC UA (Minifors 2) or OPC XML-DA standard (Multifors 2, Labfors 5, Techfors-S, Techfors)
- Synchronisation of process-related events such as sampling or inoculatio