By incorporating state-of-the-art hardware and an on-board, touch-screen software platform, the 828 Series allows you to easily handle a wide range of sample applications. The core capabilities and performance of previous generations of LECO macro combustion instruments have been maintained, while key improvements have been made in throughput, uptime, and reliability. Macro sample mass capability paired with cycle times as fast as 2.8 minutes make the 828 an ideal instrument for a diverse applications base, while delivering unparalleled sample analysis throughput.
Cornerstone Mobile remote software keeps the user updated from their smartphone on the instrument’s analysis batch progress, performance, and status while away.
Maximize lab efficiency and productivity with unmatched sample throughput coupled with superior instrument uptime
- Rapid cycle time of 2.8 minutes
- Extended reagent lifetimes, including a reduction reagent tube lifetime of over 4,000 samples
- Rugged 30-sample autoloader with optional expanded capacity for up to 120 samples
Application versatility with superior uptime
- Quartz dual-stage furnace with exclusive oxygen environment ensures complete combustion of macro samples with maximum temperature up to 1050 °C
- Large, porous crucible facilitates macro sample combustion and extends maintenance intervals
- Thermal conductivity cell supports the flexibility of using either helium or argon as a carrier gas without a hardware change
- Dual loop aliquot doser (available in FP828 performance and CN model), provides the flexibility to optimize methods based upon sample element concentration (low/high), or analysis cost and uptime
Low operating cost
- Reagent free primary and secondary furnace eliminates the cost and downtime of furnace reagent replenishment
- Thermoelectric cooler eliminates the use of chemical desiccant reagents for the removal of combustion gas moisture
- Combustion gas aliquot system provides an extended and consistent reagent lifetime regardless of sample mass, matrix, or carbon content, including a 4000 sample reduction tube reagent lifetime