- Best-in-class solutions for COVID-19 diagnosis, surveillance, and therapeutic development
Product News: Best-in-class solutions for COVID-19 diagnosis, surveillance, and therapeutic development
Bio-Rad provides a wide range of products for use in the support of COVID-19 diagnostic screening, confirmation of test results, surveillance, and therapy and vaccine research and development. From molecular testing using real-time or droplet digital PCR, to immunology assays, its wide range of solutions are designed to provide optimal sensitivity and accuracy.
COVID-19 diagnosis and confirmation
To support COVID-19 diagnosis and confirmation, Bio-Rad offer a suite of molecular testing tools, including real-time qPCR systems and reagents, droplet digital PCR systems and the SARS-CoV-2 droplet digital PCR kit, as well as SARS-CoV-2 standards.
- The SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR Kit is a powerful diagnostic tool in the battle against COVID-19, with sensitivity and precision beyond that of qPCR assays.
- The Droplet Digital PCR Systems provide ultrasensitive and absolute nucleic acid quantification. Droplet Digital PCR is particularly useful for low-abundance targets, targets in complex backgrounds, or monitoring subtle changes in target levels that cannot be detected with real-time PCR.
- CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems, including the CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems for research and the CFX96 Dx Systems for in vitro diagnostics, are utilized by many testing laboratories for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
- Real-Time PCR Reagents & Consumables, such as the Reliance One-Step RT-qPCR Supermix, are optimized for sensitive application of up to 5 targets directly from RNA.
In response to demands for a reliable and effective serological test for COVID-19, Bio-Rad now offers the Platelia SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab assay for the detection of total antibodies (IgM, IgA and IgG) to SARS-CoV-2. This blood-based immunoassay was designed to determine precise seroprevalence in the population and identify people who have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. Providing total antibody detection (IgM, IgA, IgG) in just one test, the assay has been validated on Bio-Rad EVOLIS Instruments and can also be run using manual and automated, high-volume testing protocols.
COVID-19 vaccine and therapeutic R&D
Bio-Rad also offer solutions to support coronavirus characterization, immune response studies, as well as vaccine and therapeutic development and manufacturing. This includes:
- Tools to support the study of coronavirus, including virus-host interactions, viral titer, viral protein characterization, and viral genome variation.
- Tools for the study of host immune response to coronavirus infection, including monitoring inflammation, antibody characterization, and cell phenotyping.
- Tools to support foundational research, vaccine development, process development, manufacturing, and quality control.
- Tools to support the development, purification, and production of protein-based therapeutics and gene and cell therapies for treatment of coronavirus infection.
Visit our COVID-19 special feature for more of the latest research and technology developments in this field >>