Expert Insight: 3 expert webinars not to be missed
Explore topics such as size-exclusion chromatography and protein reversed-phase LC-MS to antimicrobial susceptibility testing and biobank optimization
SelectScience® hosts dozens of informative and insightful free webinars for scientists every month, featuring world-class speakers at the very forefront of their respective fields. In our new Webinar Wednesdays feature, we'll be highlighting the exciting and informative events you won't want to miss over the next week or so. As we approach the end of a challenging year, we've saved some of the best for last. Register now to save your spot and hear from experts as they discuss the latest research and technologies in their fields, from size-exclusion chromatography and protein reversed-phase LC-MS to antimicrobial susceptibility testing and biobank optimization.
rAAV VIRAL VECTORS: Taming the Viral Beast: Applying LC and LC-MS Technologies to the Analysis of rAAV Viral Vectors
Hear from principal scientist Stephan M. Koza and senior scientist Ximo Zhang, from Waters, to discover the challenges associated with analyzing AAV samples, and discover how LC and LC-MS workflows can help solve these setbacks, including those that employ size-exclusion chromatography (SEC), anion-exchange chromatography (AEX), protein reversed-phase LC-MS, and peptide mapping LC-MS based analyses.
Wednesday, December 16: 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET / 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST
SUSCEPTIBILITY TESTING: Investigating traditional and modern approaches to antimicrobial susceptibility testing
Here, Dr. Rafael Canton will provide ways to improve time to result in critical pathways such as sepsis, taking into account current trusted methods along with the upcoming technology and the pros and cons of adoption.
Thursday, December 17: 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET / 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST
BIOBANKING: Biobanking masterclass: Essential tips and tools for optimized processes
Join Susan Garrison, Sample Collection Coordinator for the Cornell Biobank in Ithaca, NY, to learn how automation technology and the accompanying software designed for sample storage and retrieval can impact BMaD (biological material and associated data) quality, security and traceability, process efficiency and documentation, as well as personnel safety and retention.
Friday, December 18: 16:00 GMT / 17:00 CET / 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST
Catch up on these on-demand webinars
- Reliable and rapid antimicrobial resistance identification for appropriate therapy: Dr. Jose Alexander discusses the vital role a clinical microbiology lab can take in integrating rapid sample-to-result technology for the identification of antimicrobial resistance patterns. Watch here>>
- Sample preparation strategies for oligonucleotides bioanalytical workflows: Brian Rivera from Phenomenex shares an overview of sample preparation strategies for synthetic oligonucleotides, including how to adjust experimental design depending on the oligo and sample matrix. Watch here>>
- Brillouin microscopy & Raman spectroscopy: Emerging techniques for improved biomedical and clinical research: Find out how Brillouin microscopy and Raman spectroscopy techniques can revolutionize your biophysical and biochemical analyses for life sciences, biomedical, and clinical diagnostic applications. Watch here>>
- A new approach to fully automated QC with high-performance thin-layer chromatography: Dr. Melanie Broszat, Scientific Business Development Manager at CAMAG, introduces the HPTLC PRO, a fully automated HPTLC sample analysis and evaluation system launched in 2019. Watch here>>
- Latest Gemini technology for ultimate microscopic characterization of challenging samples: Dr. Ben Tordoff highlights how the industry-leading Gemini technology was pioneered, the latest ZEISS FE-SEM portfolio, and its benefits for ultimate microscopic characterizations of challenging samples. Watch here>>
- Bioanalytical methods for bacteria and protein characterization: Nathalie Vollmer and Christelle Mégier from HORIBA Scientific describe Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, and dynamic light scattering techniques and their application in life sciences and pharmaceuticals. Watch here>>
- Harnessing 19F as an agent in bio-NMR of large systems: Prof. Haribabu Arthanari discusses state-of-art NMR investigations of large biomolecules with selective 19F-labels and the use of high-sensitivity cryogenic NMR probes at high magnetic fields. Watch here>>
- The 2020 opioids epidemic and the importance of drug screening: Prof. Marilyn A. Huestis, Senior Fellow, Thomas Jefferson University, and President, Huestis & Smith Toxicology, break down how the 2020 opioid epidemic emerged as well as the current approaches for drug testing. Watch here>>
Have a conflicting schedule? Don't worry all SelectScience webinars are made available on demand, find out more here>>