The SLAS 2022 International Conference and Exhibition will take place in Boston for in person, with a fresh program highlighting life sciences discovery and research and innovations in laboratory technology.
The influence of several top-tier academic institutions in and around the area including the Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University, Boston University, and National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant-funded hospitals Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women’s, makes the Greater Boston area the perfect backdrop for science, innovation and research at SLAS2022. Kendall Square, in nearby Cambridge, is known as the "center of the nation's biotech industry." With more than 120 life sciences companies within a single mile, Boston's Kendall Square hosts a high concentration of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Boston's thriving start-up scene brings cutting-edge life sciences research to life.
SLAS2022 will feature:
- Immersive pre-conference Short Courses
- Thought-provoking keynote speakers: David Walt, Ph.D. (Harvard University) and Carolyn Bertozzi, Ph.D. (Stanford University)
- An exhibition featuring laboratory automation solutions and services and Innovation AveNEW for start-ups and emerging companies
- Exhibitor tutorials
- A full array of award opportunities like the $10,000 Innovation Award; SLAS Ignite Award; Student Poster, Tony B. Academic Travel and New Product Awards.
- Ignite programming for entrepreneurs, start-ups and academic collaborations
- Opportunities to boost your career through interactive SLAS Career Center workshops and one-on-one career counseling sessions
- Giveaways, games and the infamous Tuesday Night Celebration (plus additional SLAS Journals and Student and Early-Career receptions)
- Tutorials on how to get published (and noticed!) in SLAS Discovery and SLAS Technology
- Live recordings of New Matter: Inside the Minds of SLAS Scientists podcast