Exploring the dynamics, legalities, and hurdles in a period of transition for Parallel Trade
SMi presents Europe's leading 14th annual Parallel Trade conference, taking place in London on the 4th-5th of February 2020. As the only B2B parallel trade conference in Europe, this event provides the perfect platform for industry experts from both sides of the coin to come together and share perspectives on the practice of parallel trade.
The size of the EU market in pharmaceutical distribution is around €5bn, and the UK accounts for 22.7% of this figure. The sector has an annual import value of around £1bn, while the annual export figure approximates £600m.
The 2020 event will hold a particular place of significance on shortages of medicines, current and ongoing challenges posed by Parallel Trading, potential implications of Brexit and IP exhaustion rights.
Furthermore, the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive) will be coming into effect in February 2020. This conference will give companies affected the perfect opportunity to discuss and consider the impact that the FMD implementation will have on their practices and on the market.
The benefits of attending:
This conference is a must-attend show for anyone involved in the parallel trade industry within pharmaceuticals and life sciences. Attending the show gives you the chance to interact with and discuss common issues with leaders involved in all the areas of the parallel trade industry. Furthermore, this provides core information to further strengthen your industry knowledge and approaches.
- Assessing the economic impact and dynamics of Parallel Trade
- Reviewing how to overcome the challenges and hurdles in Parallel Trade
- Understanding the underlying principles of the EU internal market and competition policies
- Discussing the impact of Parallel trade on patient safety
- What’s the impact and consequences of a no deal Brexit on testing and clinical trials?
- Impact on shortages, availability, accessibility and innovation
- Assessing current EU legislative instruments and changes in IP framework
- An update on current illegal trade cases and the Falsified Medicines Directive
- BOOK BY 29th NOVEMBER AND SAVE £200
- BOOK BY 13th DECEMBER AND SAVE £100
Plus two pre-conference interactive workshops:
Workshop A : Parallel Trade and Brexit… Where are we now?
Tushar Patel, Principal Consultant, Key Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Workshop B: Understanding IP, regulatory and competition law issues in pharmaceutical parallel trade
John Schmidt, Partner, Antitrust, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
See link below to register.