In today's economic climate, with fluctuating prices and fewer resources, it is important to consider future supply-demand relationships. In 2009, supply problems led to a shortage of acetonitrile, which saw the price increase ten-fold. In order to safeguard your lab against unforeseen fluctuations in the market, and save time, energy and money, a system such as the ACQUITY UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) may suit your liquid chromatography needs. When compared to traditional HPLC technology, UPLC systems deliver improved ionization efficiency, resolution, robustness and superior performance at higher pressures. This leads to high-quality, reproducible analyses in considerably less time.
Many laboratories from around the world have adopted the ACQUITY UPLC® for their analytical needs, as a sustainable and high-quality LC solution. Laboratory dependent organizations have saved a total of 10 million liters of mobile phase, which adds up to over $1bn in savings using UPLC® and UHPLC. This equates to the following volumes*:
*Assuming systems are performing at ~10,000 samples per annum with solvent priced at $100 per liter.
1. The ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System: Provides the flexibility and simplicity of automated, quaternary solvent blending and a flow-through-needle injector to deliver the advanced performance expected of UPLC separations.
2. The ACQUITY UPLC M-Class System: The system of choice for the highest quality nano to microscale UPLC® separations, for every laboratory performing sample-limited LC/MS analyses
3. The ACQUITY UPLC I-Class System: The system of choice for high performance analytical scale LC/MS, offering superior low system dispersion and operation up to 18,000 psi (1,241 bar).
4. The ACQUITY UPC2® System: The first convergence chromatography system, utilizing liquid CO2 as the primary mobile phase and applying the performance advantages of UPLC to supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC).
5. The ACQUITY APCTM System: The first new tool in 50 years to support the development of advanced polymers and other plastics.
6. The PATROL UPLC® System: In real-time, can detect and quantify all the analyses in complex, multiple-component in-process samples and final product at the point of production.
For more information, download the infographic.