Application eBook: Paper spray ionization: The faster path to mass spec analysis
3 January 2020
Common concerns with using conventional chromatography-based mass spectrometry (MS) include time-consuming protocols, experiment backlogs, high costs per sample, equipment downtime for maintenance and the need for experienced technicians.
Using paper spray ionization techniques, and the Thermo Scientific™ VeriSpray™ PaperSpray ion source, researchers in clinical and forensic toxicology labs with high-throughput requirements can now perform direct mass spectrometry-based analyses with minimal solvent consumption and sample prep, thereby saving costs per test and reducing the time involved.
In this eBook, we provide case studies and proof-of-concept experiments that corroborate the varied benefits of employing paper spray ionization methods, and cover:
- Detection of controlled substances in blood samples
- Quantitative analysis of antifungal drugs
- Robustness characterization of quantitative whole blood assays
- Quantification of immunosuppressants in whole blood
- Improving the limit of quantification in clinical research
- Analysis of immunosuppressant drugs
- Quantitative analysis of EDDP
- Drugs of abuse screening and quantification