Volumetric titration: A step-by-step guide to correct results
02 Nov 2021
Titration is one of the most basic analytical methods for chemical analysis. However, even power users sometimes struggle with the quality of their titrations. In this expert webinar, we explore the basics of volumetric titration and present tips and advice to help you make sure that your titration results are always precise and reproducible. The following topics will be addressed:
1. What is the most suitable titration method for my sample or sample matrix?
- Photometric vs. potentiometric titration
- Direct vs. back (residual) titration
- End point vs. equivalent point titration
2. Hardware selection
- Sensor/burette size/stirrer
3. Reagent selection
- Buffer solutions/titrant/standard reference reagents
4. Method development & validation
- Titration modes & parameters
- Method validation (selectivity, linearity, accuracy & reproducibility)
Key learning objectives
- How to select the proper hardware and the right chemistry for your titrations
- How to optimize titration performance depending on your application
- How to verify the suitability and accuracy of a titration method
- How to convert manual titration methods into automated procedures
Who should attend?
This webinar will be of particular interest to people in charge of developing or qualifying volumetric titrations, especially lab technicians, lab managers and quality assurance professionals
Certificate of attendance
All webinar participants can request a certificate of attendance, including a learning outcomes summary, for continuing education purposes.