Understanding the biological complexity of tissues with integrated imaging and analysis
25 May 2021
In this webinar, Dr. Stephanie Ling, Associate Principal Scientist at AstraZeneca, will explore how the integration of Imaging Mass Cytometry™ (IMC™) with other established molecular imaging modalities, including histology and mass spectrometry imaging, can enable insight into the biological complexity of tissues and pathophysiological processes.
Ling is an author of two recent publications including ‘The Characterization of an Aggregated Three-Dimensional Cell Culture Model by Multimodal Mass Spectrometry Imaging,’ where the first application of IMC with 3D cell culture to enable single-cell phenotyping at 1 µm spatial resolution was demonstrated. During this presentation, she will share her experience in combining powerful imaging techniques to further potential applications in cancer research and drug development.
Key learning objectives
- Learn how the combined use of different imaging methods can improve drug development efforts
- See examples of chronic kidney disease and immuno-oncology, demonstrating how the use of unbiased, quantitative multi-modal analysis can lead to novel insights
- Better understand how marrying technologies and data analysis with spatial context powers systems-level analysis
Who should attend?
- Scientists interested in taking a multi-modal approach to better understand the complexity of spatial locations and cell interactions to gain insights into drug disposition, efficacy, response and safety
- Researchers who are interested in improving their understanding of the tools and approaches for untargeted and multi-modal data analysis