Total Process Control - Sepsis
30 Sep 2022
Up to 49 million people are affected by sepsis worldwide.1 Please join Dr. Tobin Efferen and Hunter Bowen to discuss sepsis diagnosis and management and highlight the use of standardized laboratory and clinical operations in the context of one patient’s journey from initial assessment in the Emergency Department to treatment in the ICU and eventual discharge.
1 Sepsis Alliance. “Fact Sheet 2018.” Sepsis.org. Accessed 6 Mar. 2019.
Key learning objectives
- The benefits of standardized laboratory operations across core laboratory disciplines.
- An introduction to Monocyte Distribution Width, a hematological biomarker that helps establish the severity of infection and risk of sepsis in adult patients in the Emergency Department.
- Antibiotic sensitivity testing to support targeted treatment pathways.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory Directors, Managers, and technicians
- Healthcare providers and clinicians
- Hospital administrators
Certificate of attendance
All webinar participants can request a certificate of attendance, including a learning outcomes summary, for continuing education purposes.