SARS-CoV-2 detection in wastewater: A complete analysis workflow to support effective COVID-19 management
29 Jun 2021
Monitoring wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 can be a valuable data resource for effective COVID-19 management. Recently published research has demonstrated that these analyses can provide a macro picture of the level of infection in a geographical area and facilitate the early identification of infection hotspots.
In this webinar, Dr. Christine Gräfe will discuss the benefits of monitoring SARS-CoV-2 and other biological parameters in wastewater, the challenges of performing these analyses, and solutions to overcome them. Mrs. Gräfe will demonstrate a complete workflow – from sample collection to detection – designed to provide an effective tool for public health authorities and other parties involved in managing the pandemic. This workflow is of particular interest as it may be adapted to the detection and analysis of other biological parameters such as other viruses or bacteria.
Join this session to learn more about:
- The benefits of monitoring wastewater for SARS-CoV-2
- Challenges and solutions to an effective SARS-CoV-2 detection workflow in wastewater
- Wider applications of this workflow to other biological parameters
Who should attend:
Analytik Jena GmbH
- Operators from analytical labs for environmental samples
- Operators from molecular biological labs
- Operators of wastewater treatment plant and wastewater associations
- Anyone who is interested in the topic