Profile host responses in COVID-19 patients: Using the ELLA SimplePlex in association with viral load in plasma
26 Feb 2021
Hear from Dr. Jesús F Bermejo-Martín, Principal Investigator, Group For Biomedical Research in Respiratory Infection & Sepsis (BioSepsis) at the Hospital Universitario Río Hortega de Valladolid, about his research group’s investigations into how to effectively profile the host response to COVID-19 infection using the next-generation automated ELISA, Ella. COVID-19 is associated with respiratory and extrapulmonary disease, with severe COVID-19 characterized by a dysregulated host response to this virus.
In this webinar, Bermejo-Martin will reveal more about the dysregulated host response and outline whether viral RNAemia or viral RNA load within plasma is associated with severe COVID-19.
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the correlations between viral RNA load in plasma and biological responses to SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Learn how a panel of biomarkers was profiled by using the Ella-SimplePlex™ immunoassay
- Discover how early assessment of viral load in plasma can contribute towards patient care
Who should attend?
- Professional groups including Ph.D. students, postdocs, general investigators, senior scientists and lab heads
- Research scientists interested in viral, biomarker or COVID-19 research
- Anyone interested in the application of automated ELISA technology, Ella