Next-generation protein sequencing platform: Advances in protein identification & characterization
06 Oct 2023
In this expert led webinar, Dr Danielle Tullman-Ercek, Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the Northwestern University, and Katherine Johnson, Senior Director, Product, at Quantum-Si, Inc will discuss a novel next-generation protein sequencing platform, PlatinumTM, and how it can complement immunoassays and other proteomic workflows by providing deeper insights into proteins. Learn how this next-generation protein sequencing technology works and what applications can be performed using this novel technology. Additionally, Dr. Tullman-Ercek will illustrate how protein identification on Platinum was utilized in her research to provide additional information about proteins typically studied via conventional western blot and mass spectrometry techniques. She will demonstrate how next-generation protein sequencing provides additional information about proteins, comparing results from conventional techniques to those obtained from next-generation protein sequencing.
Key learning objectives
- Learn about next-generation protein sequencing, how it works and key benefits
- Explore how it compares to and complements conventional proteomic techniques such as mass spectrometry and immunoassays
- Explore the applications that can be performed with Platinum next-generation sequencing technology
- Discover how Platinum is utilized to complement data obtained from conventional protein identification techniques to provide deeper insights into proteins
Who should attend?
- Researchers who have expertise in fields such as molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics but have not yet ventured into proteomics or protein research
- Experienced proteomics researchers who are currently using alternative techniques for protein sequencing, such as mass spectrometry, Edman Degradation, and immunoassays, who are interested in exploring new technologies to improve the efficiency and accuracy of their protein sequencing experiments.
Job Titles: Core facility manager, Professor, Associate, Assistant Professor, Research scientist, Lead scientist, Lab director, Proteomics specialist, Lead scientist, Postdoctoral fellow, Principal investigator, Lab technician / Institutions: Research universities, pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government research institutions.
Certificate of attendance
All webinar participants can request a certificate of attendance, including a learning outcomes summary, for continuing education purposes.Quantum-Si