Legionella testing in drinking water: approach, evolution and new perspectives
20 Sep 2021
In this expert-led webinar, Stefano Della Sala and Paola Miana, from VERITAS, will be exploring the different methods available for detecting Legionella in various water samples, including a protocol for monitoring these microorganisms in drinking water networks, and how to communicate results to managers of those networks.
During the session, our speakers will also be breaking down the new ‘Directive 2020/2184 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2020 on the quality of water intended for human consumption’ with a specific focus on the new parameters for Legionella. Top tips on how to identify Legionella and how to create a reference library will also be shared.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Explore different approaches to Legionella testing
- Understand the key requirements of the new European directive on the quality of water intended for human consumption
- Gain advice from a multiutility laboratory on the analysis and management of Legionella in drinking water
Who should attend?
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Water supplies laboratories
- Public health labs (regional as well as national public health labs)
- Contract labs offering analysis of water
- Producer of chemicals for water treatment (swimming pools/industrial)
- Drinking water producers