Investigating traditional and modern approaches to antimicrobial susceptibility testing
17 Dec 2020
Looking for some true insight into the antimicrobial susceptibility testing methodologies of today and tomorrow? Join this webinar with renowned expert Dr. Rafael Canton, Head of the Clinical Microbiology Department at the University Hospital Ramón y Cajal and Associated Professor of Clinical Microbiology in the School of Pharmacy at Complutense University of Madrid, as he explores why rapid antimicrobial susceptibility testing is so important at a time when antibiotic resistance is growing into one of the biggest challenges the world faces.
Here, Dr. Canton will provide ways to improve time to result in critical pathways such as sepsis, taking into account current trusted methods along with the upcoming technology and the pros and cons of adoption.
Key learning objectives:
- Current limitations of traditional AST methods
- Current limitations of traditional AST methods in relation to sepsis care pathway
- Outlook on future approaches to improve time to result
- Potential benefits of adopting future AST methodologies
Who should attend?
- Clinical microbiologists
- Microbiology laboratory staff
- ID pharmacists
- ID physicians
Attendees of this webinar from the U.S. and Canada are entitled to P.A.C.E. Credits from the ASCLS.
Thermo Fisher Scientific