Impact of chromatography in peptide quantitation by hybrid LBA LC-MS/MS workflows
09 Oct 2020
Traditional ligand binding assays (LBA) as a method for quantification of biotherapeutics in biologics matrices are being coupled with liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC–MS/MS) to obtain more specificity and increase linear dynamic range (LDR), thus creating hybrid LBA/LC–MS/MS methods. This hybrid workflow is more sensitive and consistent than traditional methods, which is critical in efficacy and safety testing.
With the focus on sample preparation and mass spectrometry, LC is often overlooked. However, chromatographic optimization for hybrid LBA/LC-MS/MS methods step can ensure a robust analysis. This seminar will discuss the importance of magnetic bead and chromatographic media selection for hybrid LBA/LC–MS/MS workflows.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Basic overview of the new gold standard in pharmacokinetics for large molecule- hybrid LBA LC-MS
- LC development space for peptide quantitation methods
- Improving robustness in sample preparation for peptide quantitation
Who Should Attend?
- Bionalytical chemists new to large molecule pharmacokinetics and biotransformation methods
Laboratories transitioning away from ligand binding assay to mass spectrometry
- Anyone interested in practical sample preparation strategies to improve current LBA LC-MS/MS methods