Harnessing knockout validation for reproducible research
09 Jul 2020
The lack of target specificity seen in some antibodies has contributed to the life science ‘reproducibility crisis’. Knockout (KO) validation is one of the most accepted and trusted processes to confirm the specificity of an antibody.
In this upcoming webinar, hear from Dr. Hanna Dreja, Principal Scientist at Abcam, to discover and learn how Abcam applies KO validation at a large scale and the lessons learned from implementing this initiative. From the off-target effects exhibited by some of the top-cited antibodies to the average time to generate specific KO cell lines, you will find out the caveats of KO validation and how you can apply this technology to your research, to achieve reliable results, faster.
Key learning objectives
- Understand the benefits of working with knockout cell lines both as a technical validation tool and to unlock key biological questions
- Gain expert insight on how knockout cell lines are being applied from basic research and target discovery to pharmacogenomics
- Learn how to overcome the common challenges of working with knockout cell lines
Who should attend?
This webinar will provide insights for researchers in:
- Cell biology and disease
- Validation and quality control
- Drug discovery and assay development
- Research projects involving antibody validation and KO cell lines
Certificate of attendance
All webinar participants can request a certificate of attendance, and a learning outcomes summary document for continuing education purposes.Abcam plc