Freeze drying and sublimation: The importance of precise vacuum technology
19 Oct 2021
The goal of freeze drying is to dry samples as gently as possible. The physical principle of sublimation is used to let ice turn directly into a gaseous state without melting water forming. Vacuum plays a key role here, as sublimation is only possible under exact pressure conditions.
In this webinar, VACUUBRAND expert Carsten Ruth explains why precise vacuum is crucial in this application and why too low pressure is counterproductive. You will also receive valuable advice on how to not only achieve optimum results and process times, but also how to effectively protect your vacuum pump from wear.
Key learning objectives:
- The principle of freeze drying and sublimation explained
- Why exact vacuum is key
- Tips for optimal process performance
- Selection of the correct vacuum technology
- Tips for protecting the vacuum pump against wear
Who should attend?
VACUUBRAND GMBH + CO KG
- Lab managers and technicians
- Process engineers
- R&D scientists