MetalFree™ tubes are made from an ultra-clear medical grade resin and engineered with thick, durable walls for higher speed centrifugation. They consistently outperform other brands and are designed to withstand breakage and leakage during centrifugation, autoclaving (122°C), or when frozen (-80°C).
MetalFree™ centrifuge tubes are specifically processed to ensure that common trace metals and elements that can interfere with experiments are below an ICP-MS detection level of one part per billion (<1ppb)
- Virgin, metal-free high density polyethylene resin, natural and semi-opaque flat caps
- Spin to 17,000 xG for 15mL tubes and 20,000 xG for the 50mL
- Patented anti-smear writing surface
- 3 colour printed graduations and reverse reading scale;
- Freezable to -80°C and autoclavable
- Freeze line
- MetalFree™ Centrifuge Tubes are made of high quality 100% pure virgin medical grade polypropylene. Resins are pre-tested to ensure no extractables are present (free of DiHEMDA, oleamide, and BPA).
- Twenty-one metals and elements of concern are certified to be below one part per billion (<1ppb)*
- Every lot of centrifuge tubes is lab tested and certified free of detectable ATP, Nuclease (RNase/DNase), Endotoxin (pyrogen) contamination and certified to U.S.P. results.
- Resins are pre-tested for metal contamination.
- Designed for maximum product recyclability and manufactured in a solar powered facility with unique waste-free moulding machines
- Tube graphics and graduations are printed with UV cured inks which significantly reduces the emissions of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Available in recyclable racks
- Caps, tubes, and packaging feature recycling codes
- Recyclable cardboard rack
* Metals included in testing are: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Lead, Manganese, Aluminum, Silicon, Nickel, Vanadium, Sodium, Phosphorous, Cobalt, Chromium, Lithium, Potassium, Selenium, Cadmium, Mercury, and Arsenic.