For the first time ever, you can obtain Light Obscuration data to meet USP regulatory guidelines, and also verify your data with real images, all with a single instrument, and a single sample run.
In the FlowCam LO, a single sample passes continuously through two flow cells. The first uses FlowCam technology to capture digital images and the second uses the light obscuration method to collect data for USP regulations.
While analysis with light obscuration is standard, the FDA has long made clear that size data alone, collected with light obscuration, is not adequate to ensure safe and effective drugs, and that it's necessary to provide validation and imaging data using orthogonal methods. The FlowCam LO has the orthogonal method built in.
The FlowCam LO provides:
- USP <787/788> compliance data with light obscuration
- Flow imaging microscopy validation of particle types with images
- Identification of additional particles missed by light obscuration alone
- Greater understanding of drug product formulation
FlowCam LO specifications:
- Particle Size Range: 2 µm to 70 µm
- Magnification: 10X
- Flow Cells: Flow Imaging Module: 80 µm x 700 µm quartz; LO --Module: 1 mm x 0.4 mm quartz
- Sample Processing Capability: 0.2 mL / minute
- Sample Volume Range: 250 µL - 2 mL
- Flow Imaging Module Camera: High resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels) CMOS (monochrome and color available)
- Frame Rate: Shutters up to 100 frames per second
- Light Obscuration Light Source: Solid-state laser diode, 785 nm
- Light Obscuration Detection Method: Light extinction, volumetric
- Fluidics: Micro-syringe pump with 2.5 mL syringe
- Equipped with our image analysis software VisualSpreadsheet®