Done in a Snap – The innovative SnapTec® cap – available now also as Eppendorf Conical Tubes SnapTec® 50 – allows easy single-handed operation. It supports optimized and faster handling of sample solutions while providing a high centrifugation stability. Ensured tightness of seal from -86° - up to 100 ° C and broad lab instrument compatibility. The nominal volume of this new tube is 45 mL. It is available in three different purity grades.
The new Eppendorf Conical Tube SnapTec® 50 offers all the advantages of classic 50 mL conical tubes with the added benefit of the innovative SnapTec closure. This snap cap lid can be opened and closed with one hand for quick and easy sample handling. The lid is securely attached to the tube so that it never touches the laboratory bench, reducing the risk of cross-contamination and confusion with other lids. The SnapTec 50 conical tube is autoclavable, and its precise dimensions ensure maximum compatibility with centrifuge rotors, mixers and shakers.
Typical applications for conical tubes are mainly found in cell culture, bacterial culture, and protein or DNA/RNA extraction. This new tube is available in three purity grades – Eppendorf Quality ™, PCR clean and Sterile (free of pyrogens, DNase, RNase, human and bacterial DNA) – to suit a wide range of applications.
• Single-handed operation − the SnapTec cap supports optimized and quick handling of your sample
• Reduced risk of contamination − the SnapTec cap is firmly fixed to the tube, preventing a mix-up of lids on the bench
• High centrifugation stability, tightness of seal from -86 °C up to 100 °C
• Autoclavable at 121 °C, 20 min.
• Nominal volume of 45 mL − implements into existing lab equipment due to comparable dimensions to 50 mL conical tubes