- Analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to assess food and beverage quality throughout the supply chain
Expert Insight: Analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to assess food and beverage quality throughout the supply chain
Join this upcoming webinar to learn how to improve the sensitivity of VOC analysis using SPME–trap, and how this can be applied to food and beverage samples
In this webinar, learn how the sensitivity of VOC analysis can be improved using SPME–trap, and how it can be applied to analyze food and beverage samples. Dr. Natasha Spadafora will explain how common problems associated with sampling foods and beverages, such as wide dynamic ranges of components and removing unwanted components, can be overcome.
Spadafora will also explore the powerful combination of preconcentration, GC×GC and time-of-flight mass spectrometry to show how this can address complex profiling applications that are out of reach for traditional GC–MS.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- How trap-based SPME can be used to assess the freshness of harvested food products.
- How combining thermal desorption with a human sensory panel can be used to assess the aroma of fruits.
- How high-capacity sorptive extraction used in conjunction with a focusing trap is a compelling alternative to traditional headspace extraction.
- How, using advanced preconcentration and extraction with GC×GC, time-of-flight mass spectrometry and powerful software processing can be applied to complex biological matrices for accurate terpene profiling.
- How SPME–trap with enrichment significantly enhances sensitivity, providing more confident profiling of foods and beverages for their taste and odor.
The live webinar takes place on Tuesday, February 4, 2020, at:
Scheduling conflict? No matter, register to receive an on-demand link to watch later>>