Due to circumstances around the COVID-19 pandemic, this event will be postponed to June.
Following on the success of the 2019 West Coast event, SMi proudly presents the 4th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology West Coast Conference, in San Diego, USA, on June 18th and 19th 2020 bringing microbiology experts to focus on innovations in rapid methods and contamination control strategies. Microbes such as bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses that can contaminate current and novel pharmaceutical products or therapies may stem from various sources such as raw materials and human operators, are taken into consideration.
This concern is critical in advanced products/therapeutics facilities where often distinct areas within manufacturing are slowly merging, providing potential new sites for contamination events. The conference showcases sessions that cover alternative endotoxin testing and rapid mycoplasma testing as well as the implementation of in-line bioburden monitoring to control water systems, to name a few. Due to the complexities brought about by more advanced therapeutic products, both drugs and patients are time-dependent and rapid methods are ever more desired.
A significant portion of the conference will focus on contamination control strategies and facilities support/novel technologies such as a look at a sustainable global contamination control program, cleanroom pass thru best practices and a case study executing rapid transition from clinical to commercial manufacturing and more. Also see a regulatory session discussing objectionable organisms in non-sterile drug products and an all-women panel discussion: ‘culturing’ successful women microbiologists.
Event Hashtag: #SMiPharmaMicroWC
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2020 INCLUDE:
• Discuss the guidelines, regulations and case studies for objectionable organisms in non-sterile drug products from ValSource, Inc.
• Gain insight into changing paradigms – moving to in-process testing from Johnson & Johnson
• Examine alternative endotoxin test methods for products exhibiting LER from Amgen
• Explore how to effectively scale up from clinical to commercial in three moves from Bristol-Myers Squibb
• Join us for our first All-Women Panel Discussion on ‘Culturing’ successful women microbiologists
Plus a half-day interactive workshop on Wednesday, June 17th 2020:
Afternoon Workshop: Data Integrity in Environmental Monitoring: Causes and Solutions
Led by: Ziva Abraham, CEO, Microrite and Morgan Polen, SME, Cleanroom Contamination Control Expert, Microrite