Application Note: Streamline sample prep with positive pressure processing
6 October 2020
Biological samples are complex matrices containing proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, carbohydrates and other small molecular compounds. In order to properly qualify and quantify these molecules using detection techniques such as LC/LCMS, GC/GCMS, qPCR, or others, it is of utmost importance to remove any interferences that could impede separation and/or the limit of detection.
Learn how automated positive pressure processing can be used to achieve the benefits of properly prepared samples, by performing preparation techniques with minimal user intervention, be it protein precipitation, filtration, phospholipid removal, SLE, SPE, gel filtration, affinity capture or nucleic acid extraction.
The eBook covers automated positive pressure processing protocols for:
- Steroid extraction from serum or saliva
- Extraction of hormones from urine
- Drug extraction from saliva, full blood and urine
- Separation of peptides from plasma
- Viral RNA extraction from biological fluids
- Extraction of plasmid DNA