VACUSIP – Liquid waste gone in a sip
In the laboratory small volumes of liquid need be disposed of on a daily basis. This includes the removal of excess liquids from reaction tubes, aspiration of supernatant after centrifugation steps, removal of washing solutions from microplates and much more. Until today, this is often accomplished by self-made systems consisting of a trap flask, a rudimentary aspiration tool and an external vacuum source.
VACUSIP provides an out-of-the-box solution for the wide array of liquid waste disposal tasks carried out at the laboratory bench. It features a reliable low noise pump, enabling it to operate independently from an external vacuum source. The battery version of VACUSIP contains a rechargeable battery for even more flexibility. A unique hand operator allows a fine regulation of the aspiration flow and accepts a variety of adapters.
The 0.5 l glass bottle is quickly exchanged and all components coming in contact with liquids can be autoclaved. If the inactivation of the liquid waste is carried out externally, a disposable bottle may be used.
Features and benefits:
• Integrated pump makes an external vacuum source obsolete and the VACUSIP location-independent
• Using the battery version of VACUSIP eliminates the cable mess in a laminar flow hood. It also increases mobility: Relocate VACUSIP anytime to the point of need.
• Automated pump shut-off saves pump life, further reduces noise levels and optimizes battery run-time
• Quick exchange of waste bottle due to screw cap sealing
• Hydrophobic filter prevents aerosols and liquid from entering the system
• No additional equipment necessary and maintenance free
• HxWxD: 345x120x162 mm only (incl. bottle and hand operator mount)