Ultravap™ Robot-Compatible Microplate Evaporator
See all reviews
Member since 2014
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Read more »
"Our Ultravap is linked to a robot and is responsible for the drying down of samples in organic solvent prior to mass spectrometry analysis. It performs this far more efficiently than our traditional heat block with piped Nitrogen gas, typically drying samples in half the time (20 minutes rather than 40) due to the application of heated Nitrogen gas rather than heating the sample. Thus it is ideal for high through put sample processing. The Ultravap's touch screen interface is very clear and easy to use, although we control ours using the robot software."
The Ultravap™ is a digitally controlled programmable evaporator.
The new Ultravap RC from Porvair Sciences is the latest fully robot-compatible version of our popular Ultravap nitrogen blow-down evaporator, suitable for integration within the safety enclosure of several leading laboratory liquid handling robots. Designed with the demands of linear robots very much in mind, the Ultravap RC comprises a fully microprocessor controlled dry down station for 24-, 96- or 384-well plates, together with clear safety side screens and a 4 inch fume hood duct adaptor.
Ultravap™ Robot-Compatible Microplate Evaporator Features:
- Designed for heat sensitive and thermally labile samples
- Nine different drying programmes can be retained in the memory
- Ability to upload and download methods
- Robotic plate stage automatically moves plates up and down
- RS232 allows remote control via PC or LH robot
- Removes most stubborn solvents in just minutes
- Can evaporate 500μl methanol in 5 minutes
- Compact footprint allows the Ultravap to fit into all standard fume cupboards
- Choice of straight, curved & 24, 96 or 384 needles
- Compatible with Tecan™, Hamilton™ and Beckman™ robotic liquid handlers
Application notes and news
- Porvair Sciences to Officially Launch UltraVap Mistral Automatic Dry Down Station at Biotechnica 2013
- Porvair Sciences Launches the UltraVap Mistral Robot-Compatible Automatic Dry Down Station at Drug Discover...
- Porvair Launches HPLC Sample Evaporators that Improve Throughput
- Porvair Sciences the Microplate Specialists to Exhibit the Latest Microplate Applications at Pittcon 2013
- High performance microplate products for drug discovery
- Robot compatible microplate sample concentration