Thermo Scientific Orbitor RS - High Speed Microplate Mover
Increase throughput, storage capacity and operational flexibility with the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitor RS Microplate Mover—industrial-sized performance within a compact, benchtop mover The Orbitor RS is a high-speed microplate mover offering proven, reliable performance with totally flexible plate handling. Extensive vertical reach allows multiple stacked or high density instruments to be loade...read more
Increase throughput, storage capacity and operational flexibility with the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitor RS Microplate Mover—industrial-sized performance within a compact, benchtop mover
The Orbitor RS is a high-speed microplate mover offering proven, reliable performance with totally flexible plate handling. Extensive vertical reach allows multiple stacked or high density instruments to be loaded in a small footprint, and a bi-directional telescoping arm provides superior reach, improved user safety and unlimited base rotations within a 360° workspace.
For unmatched speed and throughput, the Thermo Scientific Orbitor RS accommodates any SBS plate format, from shallow to deep well, in addition to tip boxes and lids, tubes or racks. This flexibility is further supported by random or sequential plate access, and the ability to mix modes of storage as assay requirements change.
Laboratory safety is maximized as the robotic arm is able to pass through the base and remain inside the rotating base while turning. With closed-loop motion control, collision detection and position recovery it is poised to become the most reliable microplate mover in its class. These combine to significantly improve speed and efficiency, enabling a compact, cost-effective solution suitable for smaller workspaces, with numerous storage options and operational flexibility for a multitude of set-ups and configurations.
Thermo Scientific Orbitor RS - High Speed Microplate Mover Features:
- Collision detection and recovery
- Plate sensing in the gripper
- Servo gripper does not drop a plate when the power goes out
- Delivers a plate in as little at four seconds
- Patented bi-directional telescoping arm
- Unlimited 360° rotations
- Motion blending for very smooth movements
- Superior Reach and Small Footprint
- Integrate up to 4 instruments
- Reach radius of ±0.4 meters
- Additional storage capacity (up to 9 hotels or stacks)
- Fits in most biosafety cabinets
- Flexible Plate Handling
- Random or sequential access storage
- Landscape or Portrait orientation within same stack or hotel
- Adjustable gripper
- De-lid plates via gripper
- Internal regrip station
- Easty to teach
- Manual teaching
- Easy-to-use interface for teaching
- SmartMove™ technology teaches paths around obstacles
- Teach wizards for teaching stacks
- Programmer's Tool Kit available for OEM opportunities
- Operates with Momentum scheduling software
- Error detection and recovery
- Dynamic scheduler allows changes while running
- Collision and plate sensing automatically stops if the mover senses contact
Application notes and news
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Showcases Intuitive Online Tool for Automation Platform Configuration at...
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Microplate Mover Swap Out Program
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches iAutomate, an Intuitive Online Tool for Automation Platform Con...
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Unique Extraction Workflow
- Fully Customizable Plate Mover Featuring Quick-Connect Modules
- Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present New Platform for Benchtop Automation at SBS 2010
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New Platform for Benchtop Automation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Unique Automated Microplate Mover at Society of Biomolecular ...