DXR™ SmartRaman Spectrometer
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Read more »
"Gives stable and generally good data. Moderate resolution. Omnic software is not the best. Peek labelling and reporting are less flexible than many other systems."
Thermo Scientific™ DXR SmartRaman spectrometer is a highly automated, push-button operated, dedicated macro-sampling Raman system that brings the power of Raman technology to the routine analysis laboratory.
The Thermo Scientific DXR SmartRaman spectrometer is a new generation of Raman instrument designed for busy multi-purpose analytical labs where the users are looking for reproducible and accurate results from a dependable, low maintenance instrument.
With the DXR SmartRaman, both researchers and quality control specialists alike can take advantage of the ease of sample preparation offered by Raman spectroscopy without having to invest in becoming an expert in the technology. The DXR SmartRaman delivers reproducible measurements with minimal operator training and the versatility to handle a wide-range of sample formats.
DXR™ SmartRaman Spectrometer Features:
- Full spectral range of 3500 to 50cm-1 captured with a single exposure of the CCD avoids stitching artifacts
- User-adjustable measurement area from 10μm to 5mm using Variable Dynamic Point Sampling (VDPS).
- Automatic fluorescence correction available with all excitation lasers
- Automatic intensity correction generates spectra that are comparable between instruments and different excitation lasers
- Multidimensional wavelength calibration provides accurate wavelength calibration across entire spectral range
- Patented Triplet spectrograph provides exceptional peak shape and maintains focus at all wavelengths
- Patented algorithm for automated cosmic ray rejection and high-quality laser line filters ensure artifact-free spectra
- Lasers depolarized to avoid confusing sample orientation effects
- Laser Power Regulator provides active monitoring of laser power and ensures reproducible laser excitation power over the lifetime of lasers and even after replacing lasers
- Patented Smart-backgrounds automatically remove CCD dark energy profile
- Measure samples directly through glass bottles, jars, and vials—clear or colored.
- Measure samples directly through plastic bags.
- Expandable measurement spot size, up to 5 × 5mm, provides representative sampling of heterogeneous materials.
- Sample accessories available to support automated measurements of well-plates, tablet arrays, tubes, and vials. Great for automating measurements of large numbers of samples.
- Accommodates specialized cells for high and low temperature measurements and electrochemical measurements.
- Remote sampling for samples too large to fit in the sample compartment, with optional fiber-optic probes.
- Extensive software tools automate analyses to go beyond data to answers.
- Forensics – illicit drug identification. Automate measurement of many samples, support infrared ID for backup in court
- Pharmaceutical – distinguish polymorphs and salt forms, characterize tablets
- Gemology – rapid ID of colored stones, distinguishing natural and synthetic diamonds
- Nanotechnology – characterize bulk nanotubes, QC of nanotubes
- Academic research – useful in material science, biological studies, and many applied research fields
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries