Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ERS™ 500 Electrolytically Regenerated SuppressorThermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is pleased to announce the introduction of the Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ERS™ 500 Electrolytically Regenerated Suppressor. The Dionex ERS 500 suppressor is a direct replacement for the Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ SRS™ 300 Self-Regenerating Suppressor.
The Dionex ERS 500 suppressors have the same fit, form and function as the Dionex SRS 300 suppressors; they have been designed to directly address all the applications currently addressed by the Dionex SRS 300 suppressors with the following exception:
• The Dionex ERS 500 suppressor does not support the chemical regeneration mode. The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ MicroMembrane™ MMS 300 Suppressor is recommended for chemical regeneration mode.
The key benefits of the new Dionex ERS 500 suppressor are:
• Improved peak efficiency for improved performance, particularly when coupled with 4 µm based columns.
• Improved back pressure resiliency for compatibility with a wider range of hyphenated detection techniques.
• Improved thermal stability to eliminate installation failures due to damage during shipment, handling and operation.
• Full electrolytic regeneration without reagents allowing easier recoveries after operation without current.
With the introduction of the Dionex ERS 500 suppressor, sales of the Dionex SRS 300 suppressor are being discontinued. Thermo Fisher Scientific will no longer receive orders for the Dionex SRS 300 suppressor once it is discontinued.
High-Capacity Electrolytically Regenerated Suppressor for Use with IC Eluents
The Dionex ERS 500 Electrolytically Regenerated Suppressor serves virtually all analytical scale1 IC applications for both anions and cations. For anions, the preferred eluent is hydroxide. With Reagent-Free™ Ion Chromatography (RFIC)systems, the sample is determined using conductivity detection in the lowest possible background of high-purity water. AutoSuppression means ease of use; you don’t need to make regenerant because the suppressor is constantly regenerated by the continuous electrolysis of water. The Dionex ERS 500 suppressor offers:
• Low background noise levels
• Excellent peak efficiency for compatibility with 4 µm based columns
• Fast startup equilibration times
• Trace anion and cation determinations
• Compatibility with hyphenated detection techniques including mass spectrometry detection
• Compatibility with all Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS chromatography modules2
• A three-fold increase in backpressure tolerance compared to previous generations
• Full electrolytic regeneration without reagents
The Dionex ERS 500 suppressor delivers low backgrounds and low noise levels for the full range of ion-exchange Dionex IonPac columns and eluents, even under high-concentration gradient conditions.
When combined with the revolutionary Eluent Generator, the Dionex ERS 500 suppressor delivers truly automated, minimal-maintenance RFIC.
For capillary scale IC applications use the Thermo Scientific Dionex CES 300 Capillary Electrolytic Suppressor.
Excluding the Dionex ICS-90, ICS-90A, ICS-600 and ICS-900 systems. Older systems may require the Thermo Scientific Dionex RFC-10 or RFC-30 controller.