See all reviews
Member since 2013
University Of New Mexico
Read more »
"The mini transfer apparatus has been of great help to us in carrying out protein transfer in much faster and efficient way. We had been using a larger hoeffer apparatus and the disadvantage was that it was using in too much buffer and took us around twelve hours to transfer which was a real pain. With the mini apparatus, it’s very convenient to transfer with a less volume of buffer and has allowed us to do the experiment in a much less time. I believe it has helped to make our lives a lot easier."
- Perform protein and nucleic acid transfers in less than one hour.
- Transfer four mini-gels up to 9 × 10 cm in about 1L of buffer. Control transfer temperature through built-in alumina heat exchanger. Set up transfers quickly with the hinged, color-coded cassettes.
- To assure a uniform electrical field, Mini Tank Transfer Unit has 80 cm of wire in seven parallel strands on each electrode panel.
- The built-in alumina-covered heat exchanger dissipates the heat generated by tank electrotransfer. The temperature rises no more than 5 °C during a typical transfer with a magnetic stirrer circulating the buffer, and tap water running through the heat exchanger.
- Ecomomical and Safe requiring less than 1L of buffer.