QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System (186-3001)
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Washington University School of Medicine
Read more »
"It is very easy to use the hardware and software. Results are highly replicable. "
The QX100 Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) system provides an absolute measure of target DNA molecules with unrivaled performance in precision, accuracy, and sensitivity for quantitative PCR applications.
The Droplet Digital PCR system is the third generation of PCR technology and provides a revolutionary approach to target DNA quantification.
The QX100 system consists of two components: the QX100 droplet generator and the QX100 droplet reader. A Bio-Rad thermal cycler equipped with a 96–deep well reaction module is also needed to complete the Droplet Digital PCR workflow.
The QX100 droplet generator partitions samples into 20,000 nanoliter-sized droplets. After PCR on a thermal cycler, droplets from every sample are streamed in single file on the QX100 droplet reader. The PCR-positive and PCR-negative droplets are counted to provide absolute quantification of target DNA in digital form.
QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System Benefits:
- Detect rare DNA target copies with unmatched sensitivity
- Determine copy number variation with unrivaled accuracy
- Measure gene expression levels with the highest precision
QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System Applications:
- Copy number variation
- Rare sequence detection
- Mutation detection
- Gene expression analysis
- miRNA analysis
- Next generation sequencing sample quantification
Application notes and news
- Droplet Digital™ PCR: Linking Microbial Physiology and Phylogeny Using Bio-Rad’s QX100™ Droplet Digital PCR...
- Third Generation PCR: A Novel Way to Accurately Measure Copy Number Variations in Human Genome
- Relative Quantitation of mRNA: Real-Time PCR vs. End-Point PCR
- Probing Copy Number Variations Using Bio-Rad’s QX100™
- Droplet Digital™ PCR Opens New Perspectives in HIV Research
- QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System for Accurate Quantification of Illumina TruSeq Libraries
- Droplet Digital™ PCR: Ultra-Sensitive Rare Event Detection
- Bio-Rad Launches PrimePCR™ Assays for Droplet Digital™ PCR
- Droplet Digital PCR Enables Measurement of Potential Cancer Survival Biomarker
- Bio-Rad’s QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR Facilitates Discovery of a New Biomarker that Could Reveal Alzheimer’...
- New Products and Free Samples from Bio-Rad Life Sciences
- Bio-Rad to Showcase New Products and Developments at ILMAC 2013
- Bio-Rad Introduces the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Bio-Rad Launch PrimePCR™ Assays for Droplet Digital™ PCR
- PLOS ONE Study: Droplet Digital™ PCR Works for GMO Quantification
- Bio-Rad Launches New ddPCR Library Quantification Kit to Optimize Performance of Illumina NGS Platforms
- Bio-Rad’s Droplet Digital™ PCR Improves Detection Sensitivity of Telomerase Activity Assay
- Bio-Rad Receives Frost & Sullivan 2012 North American Laboratory Researchers’ Choice: Future Market Leader ...
- Digital PCR Pioneer Chooses Bio-Rad's QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System to Develop Leukemia Test
- Independent Study Validates Bio Rad’s Droplet Digital™ PCR Technology for Analyzing Archival Cancer Samples
- Bio-Rad Receives Frost & Sullivan 2012 North American Market Penetration Leadership Award in Quantitative a...
- Bio-Rad’s QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System User Group Meeting Demonstrates System and Technology Gaining ...
- Droplet Digital PCR Technology from Bio-Rad Proves Instrumental in Developing a Functional Cure for HIV
- Bio-Rad’s New PX1 PCR Plate Sealer Creates a Perfect Seal Every Time
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!