Q Exactive™ Plus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap™ Mass Spectrometer
The Thermo Scientific Q Exactive hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer combines high-performance quadrupole precursor selection with high-resolution, accurate-mass (HR/AM) Orbitrap™ detection. The superior quality of Q Exactive™ MS/MS data provides ultimate confidence for a wide range of qualitative and quantitative applications. Its high scan speed and spectral multiplexing capabiliti...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics
Read more »
"It is as stable and robust as a 3Q, as accurate and selective as an Orbi, and as fast as required by best UPLCs. An incredibly productive instrument suitable for small molecules as well as for large-scale proteomics, polysaccharides as well as intact proteins (6000 Da mass range), and for qualitative works as well as targeted or label-free quantitation. All of this at an excellent level."
See all reviews
Member since 2009
Read more »
"The best mass spectrometer for the money. Good for shotgun analysis and excellent for data independent analysis."
The Thermo Scientific Q Exactive hybrid quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer combines high-performance quadrupole precursor selection with high-resolution, accurate-mass (HR/AM) Orbitrap™ detection.
The superior quality of Q Exactive™ MS/MS data provides ultimate confidence for a wide range of qualitative and quantitative applications. Its high scan speed and spectral multiplexing capabilities make it fully compatible with UHPLC and fast chromatography techniques, ramping productivity to a new level. The Q Exactive instrument can easily handle routine applications in proteomics from bottom-up protein ID to semiquantitative isotopic labeling analyses to targeted quantification experiments.
The Q Exactive Plus Mass Spectrometer is superbly suited to untargeted or targeted screening with high-confidence confirmation, but is equally capable of a broad range of qualitative and quantitative applications. The superior quality of Q Exactive Plus Mass Spectrometer data enables characterization and quantitation of more compounds with greater confidence.
Q Exactive™ Plus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap™ Mass Spectrometer Features:
- Advanced quadrupole technology (AQT) improves precursor selection and transmission for more accurate quantitation of low-abundance analytes in complex matrices
- Sophisticated data-independent acquisition (DIA) and parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) deliver reproducible quantitation with complete qualitative confidence
- An advanced active beam guide (AABG) reduces noise and extends maintenance intervals
- Optional intact protein mode allows greater control over collision pressure and related parameters for improved analysis of intact proteins and protein complexes
- Optional enhanced resolution ensures maximum ID confidence in top-down proteomics and lipidomics
Application notes and news
- LC/MS Analysis of the Monoclonal Antibody Rituximab Using the Q Exactive Benchtop Orbitrap Mass S...
- Metabolomic Profiling of Anionic Metabolites in Oral Cancer Cells by Capillary Ion Chromatography...
- Screening of 300 Drugs in Blood Utilizing Second Generation Exactive Plus High-Resolution, Accura...
- Sheathless Capillary Electrophoresis Mass Spectrometry: Investigation Using High Resolution Accur...