The PVS is a dynamic coaxial cylinder, controlled shear rate rheometer allowing quick and easy viscosity measurements under pressure at temperatures where sample boil-off is a problem.
The PVS can be used to simulate process conditions for small fluid samples in a laboratory benchtop environment. Applications include chemical compounds containing volatile materials, oil industry, drilling muds and fracturing fluids, processed foods, polymers and paints. Any test sample requiring absolute viscosity measurement under totally enclosed conditions is a viable candidate.
PVS™ Rheometer Features & Benefits:
- Portable site-to-site mobility with 1' x 1' x 2' instrument footprint
- Designed to operate in severe environments with Hastelloy cups and bobs standard
- Quick and easy to operate
- Measures samples from vacuum to high pressure of up to 1000 psi
- Measures under temperature conditions: -40°C to +260°C
- Robust motor capable of speeds up to 1000 RPM
- Available with triple annulus geometry for increased sensitivity when measuring low viscosity fluids
- Quick and easy setup